Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sick? Make a hearty treat!

Oh My God! Apple Fritters!!!!!
Today I got sick, so I decided to make some comfort food in the form of fried apple fritters!!!!! Basically I took Pioneer Woman's apple fritters (found here) and smothered them in a brown and white sugar and cinnamon mix (think Peach Valley fritters!) The making of these little guys and the eating was more therapeutic than an entire bottle of Nyquil. They were pretty easy to make. Just some simple steps:
 Mix: the batter's quite easy. Just beware, Pioneer Woman's pictures tell you to mix the eggs milk and vanilla first then put in the melted butter, but the recipe below says to put the butter with the eggs and mix that in with the dry stuff. Don't know if it makes a difference...
 Fry!!! I'll let Pioneer Woman explain the perfect temperature. I can't explain that better. Let's just say there is a test fritter involved, and it doesn't know that it's only calling in life is being a test fritter... :(
 Dry!! The fritters are actually pretty awesome without anything on them at all. But if you're going to cover them in something, make sure you cover them while they're still hot!
 SMOTHER!!! I took a tupperware and made my own mix to taste with brown and white sugar and cinnamon. Pioneer Woman puts powdered sugar or donut glaze on them. You can do anything with these puppies, or nothing at all. They're amazing whatever which way!
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment